Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes one testicle smaller than the other?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9589 Questions
Hello Doctor,

I have a question related to testicles. One of my testicle is half the size of the other, which bothers me. I had shown it to my general physician, he says its completely fine.
I do not have any pain or any issue. But still when I look at it, I feel a bit scared.
Please let me know if it is normal.
Posted Mon, 27 Nov 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Get Ultasound Scanning of Scrotum done .

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for query .

Based on the facts that you have posted you have a doubt about one of your testicle being smaller than it's counterpart.

In absence of any symptom it does happen that in 1% population the size of one testicle is smaller than other from birth .However functionally it is as normal as it's counterpart .

Consult qualified General Surgeon or Urologist for clinical examination and get the scanning done .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor