What causes one sided headache when suffering from shingles?
Try paracetamol or ibuprofen first
Hi, thanks for using Healthcaremagic.
I went through your query and understood your concerns.
Headache is one of the early symptom of shingles. But not all headache is from shingles. There are many causes for head ache, If your symptom is associated with itching or tingling sensation over left face with flu like symptoms there are possibilities of shingles.
Many of my patients with shingles do respond well for paracetamol or ibuprofen. Not every one do require gabapentin. As you are using acyclovir medication continue them and Try medications like paracetamol or ibuprofen, If your symptoms are not reduced with these medications, then gabapentin can be used to control severe pain.
Hope i answered your query. Feel free to ask further related query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes extreme pain when suffering from shingles
- What causes left sided headache with pressure
- What are the causes and treatments for shingles
- Imbalance leaning towards left side headaches causes
- What causes shingles
- What causes left sided headaches
- What disease does shingles cause
- Does shingles cause headaches
- What causes shingles when suffering from chest pain
- What could be the cause of getting one side headache