What causes one leg to seem larger despite no evidence of swelling?
Needs evaluation with ultrasound Doppler
Based on the history you have shared, such uneven swelling needs to be evaluated by your primary care physician and both legs circumferences should be compared.
Apart from that lower leg pulses should also be compared for any problem with the arterial supply.
Temperature differences and colours should also be examined and cellulitis should be ruled out which is usually painful but can present as painless at the start.
However, the most important cause that is venous thrombosis should be ruled out and lower limb Doppler ultrasound both venous and arterial should be done.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Saddiq Ulabidin, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes leg swelling after bladder infection
- What causes swelling on thighs and legs
- What causes legs to swell in a long car ride
- What causes swelling in legs with lower abdominal pain
- What causes pain and swelling in legs
- What causes swelling in lower calfs in both legs
- What could cause sudden swelling of legs
- Right leg bottom swelling what is the cause
- What causes painful reddish and swelling legs
- What causes numbness and swelling on leg which was fractured