What causes oedema with drainage in the arms?
Can be persistent dislocation or hematoma.
The persistent swelling and pain in the area can be due to an incompletely reduced shoulder joint or a hematoma in the area. An infection also needs to be ruled out after an examination.
You need to consult an orthopedician and get her X-ray and MRI scan done to find out the cause of the swelling. The treatment will then depend on the cause.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Praveen Tayal, Orthopaedic Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of chronic sinus drainage
- What causes drainage from the anus
- What causes purple drainage from a boil
- What causes recurrance of pus drainage from ears
- What causes poor lymphatic drainage
- What could cause pain and drainage in ear drum
- What causes sinus drainage in the mornings
- What causes itchy redness and drainage in my forehead
- What causes red tint to the ear drainage
- What causes drainage in throat
- Can spinal stenosis cause joints pain and swollen ankle, thighs and knees?
- Having lower back pain with tickling and pulsating sensation. What could...
- MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the...
- What is the cause and treatment for painful knee with walking difficulty?
- Having ump into superclavical. What could the long tube feeling be?
- MRI findings show posterior disc bulges at L5-S1 and L4-5 levels....
- MRI scan shows Lumbar spondylosis. Suggest
- What causes pain in left groin and lower back and how can it be treated?
- Had MRI scan of right ankle and prescribed with zyloric for reduction of...
- What would be the cause of sudden neck pain on one side?