What causes odd sensations in the left chest along with constant burp?

Cardiologist
Question
I have had a stress test (last year), a carotid doppler, and an echocardiogram.The results were fine. I still get what I call brief "pings" or odd sensations in my left chest and occasionally in my right chest. In addition I burp all the time and get a strange choking sensation at the back of my throat. I am very concerned.
Wed, 30 May 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome on HCM!

I passed carefully through your concern and would like to explain that your clinical symptomatology is not specific for any cardiac related issues (especially cardiac ischemia).

In fact a migrating and well localized discomfort, especially associated with extra-cardiac signs (including burping) goes in favor of an extra-cardiac origin.

Your normal medical tests (normal cardiac stress test and echo) support further this conclusion.

This clinical presentation is more suggestive of a gastrointestinal problem, such as gastroesophageal reflux, hiatal hernia.

Coming to this point, I recommend trying a gastric anti-secretory medication such as pantoprazole, omeprazole, etc. and discussing with your doctor on the opportunity of performing additional tests, such as a fibrogastroscopy, chest imagine study, etc.

Hope to have been helpful to you!

In case of any further questions, feel free to ask me again.

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri