What causes ocular migraines when under stress?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Headache and Migraines
Question: I have been having more ocular migraines than normal. One a day, use to be mayb one a day one week out of the month but i have been having alot of stress at work. Its just the visual part, no pain and lasts about 20 minutes then I'm fine. Should I be worried since I'm having more or just let it run its course?
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Probably nothing to worry about.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

If the symptoms are the same, but only frequency changed, it is most likely that this increase is related to stress.

I think you should get some rest and avoid stress for few days.

If improvement, then you shouldn't worry about.

If still increase in frequency after the rest, an evaluation by your Doctor is necessary.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Greetings.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Erion Spaho 26 minutes later
Do these things cause damage to the brain, eyes, etc
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Such damage very unlikely.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

If these ocular migraines don't last too long with the actual frequency, there are no such damages.

Hope I helped you.