What causes occasional pain in testicles, lower abdomen and back every morning?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 21 Sep 2016 in Lump
Question: I have occasional aches in my testicles, lower abdomen and back when I wake up in the morning. It does not occur every morning but every few weeks for the past 2 years. I find once I eat or drink water it tends to go away. In addition, on 2 separate occasions in the past 2 months my seamen had a brownish color in it but went away after a few days. Should I be concerned?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Better be concerned

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.
To recapitulate: Male/29 - not visited a Doctor - occasional aches in testicles, lower abdomen and back - on waking up - every few weeks for the past 2 years - tends to go away once you ear or drink water - semen had brownish color on 2 occasions in the past 2 months - wants to know whether to be concerned about...

All your history put together does not really fit into any of the known disease or disorder.
Hence let us look at the possibilities:
- Pain reducing on eating and drinking water is not explainable as the pain in the testicles will not be related in any way to eating or drinking.
- Brownish color in the semen in past is definitely to worry about as the cause is usually bleeding and although of mot much of a serious concern, the cause should have been tried to find out.
Since it was in past and not recently the routine tests will help to find the cause of all the problems you have discussed.
- Aches in the testicles, lower abdomen and back together can be due to problems in the testicles, scrotal other contents, prostate or so and needs the following:
Get all the things done only on the day you have symptoms as tests at normal days may not find anything.
Wait for the next attack.
Tests of blood, CBC, sugar, kidney functions.
Urine: Routine/microscopy, culture and sensitivity.
Ultrasonography of the abdomen, particularly for genito-urinary system.
Ultrasonography with color doppler examination of the scrotum.
Clinical evaluation and examination by a General Surgeon or an Urologist.

All these things together can give you probable diagnosis so that further management can be planned.

I hope this answer helps you, please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.