What causes occasional mild back pain on the left side or twinges in the chest?
ECG is recommended
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.
I read your query and understand your concerns.
Although it seems harmless but possibility of angina can not be ruled out. In my opinion it will be better if you can see a doctor for ECG as well as TMT test to rule out any subtle pathology. My recommendation is based on the fact that you are already 50 and the problem occurs during or before exercise.
I hope this answers you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.
I get them right behind my left nipple and right under my left armpit, if that helps.
Thanks for following up.
Although the available description strongly favors the possibility of benign pain but still I feel that the ECG is at least needed. As stated above 50 years of age and above is major criteria.
In addition presence of intermittent pain on left side of chest and armpit indicates that still, we need to look for cardiac causes. I also believe that stress is one form of exertion when it comes to cardiac pain so that again indicates that ECG should be done.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below-mentioned link:
Thanks and regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Mild back pain in 5th week of pregnancy
- What causes intermittent chest pain and back pain
- Left back pain causes
- What causes extreme chest and back pain
- Mild back pain after miscarriage
- Cyst on ovary causing left side back pain
- Mild back pain 365 weeks
- What causes severe back pain
- What causes left sided and lower back pain
- Enlarged spleen gallstones conststant mild back pain
- How to have a successful sexual intercourse?
- Suggest treatment for OCD
- Suggest the sleep aids that i can use with Carvedilol?
- What causes sensitivity to sun light?
- Is it safe to have 120ml of alcohol everyday?
- Suggest treatment for orgasmic dysfunction
- Suggest treatment for non retraction of foreskin
- Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation
- How long do psychotic disorders take to get cured?
- What causes erectile dysfuntion?