question-icon

What causes occasional burning sensation in nose?

Posted on Tue, 12 Apr 2016
Question: the inside of my nose is burning at times. it feels like when salt water or just plain water gets into my nose after jumping into the water. then i sneeze a lot.
Answered by Dr. Saad Sultan (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
need to use anti allergic medicines

Detailed Answer:
Welcome at HCM
I am Dr Saad Sultan and will be answering your query. I have read your quer and understood your health concerns.
I would like to know few more details, like,
Are you running temperature? Any history of bleeding from nose?
Based upon the description provided it appears to be allergy. In my opinion you may need to use anti allergic medications like cetrizine or ebastine at night. ENT evaluation should also be done to rule out any deviated nasal septum or nasal polyp.
Meanwhile stay calm and avoid cold and dust exposure. Use facial mask.
Hope your query is adequately addressed.
Feel free to ask any time if you have further query.
Dr Saad Sultan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Dr. Saad Sultan