What causes obsessive behavior, mood swing in children?
Can a bone structure growth on the base of the skull and another growing behind neck be the proximate cause for obsessive compulsions like hand washing excessively and other like behaviors? The child is 16, a boy and has been suffering from obsessive behavior, mood swing and alike. Or, are these two issues separate matters. It is my best friends son and I am concerned, so doing some research.
Thank you in advance for your insights.
possible yes from skull growth
Thanks for writing to us.
Behaviour changes can be related to growth in the skull.
However it is better to consult a pediatric neurologist to get his scans fully evaluated.
Some growths can be removed by surgery while some cannot.
The neck growth is unlikely to cause these symptoms.
Wishing your friends child good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes anxiety and mood swings
- Fatigue cause mood swings
- What causes depression mood swings and weight gain
- Carbimazole causes mood swing
- What causes irritation and mood swings after hysterectomy
- What causes extreme mood swings
- What could be causing mood swings irritability
- Pheochromocytoma cause mood swings
- What causes mood swings and irrational behaviour
- Causes of mood swings