What causes obesity while on Ativan?
Please help and suggest
Thanks for asking your query,
As per the history you have mentioned, that you did all heart testings and all of them were okay.
So my answer would be according to the assumption that all baseline tests of cardiology like stress test, 2D-Echo and Holter (most important in case of palpitation) were normal. However please do inform me if these tests were not done as in that case your symptoms can be indicative of classical stable angina associated with palpitations and all these tests should be done to rule out the possibility of coronary artery disease.
Being a diabetic, hypertensive and previous obesity puts you at a very high risk of cardiac disease. However as per your history all tests are normal so,
In that scenario, it can be a panic attack and heart rate and pulse can be on higher side due to increased anxiety level during panic attack. A panic attack is a sudden surge of overwhelming anxiety and fear. Your heart pounds and you can’t breathe. The signs and symptoms of a panic attack develop abruptly and usually reach their peak within 10 minutes. Most panic attacks end within 20 to 30 minutes, and they rarely last more than an hour.
Following are the symptoms of panic attack-
Shortness of breath or hyperventilation, Heart palpitations or racing heart, Chest pain or discomfort, sweating, Feeling dizzy, light-headed, or faint and Hot or cold flashes. Most of them mimics cardiac symptoms.
Hence if you are clear from cardiac side, then you may consult a Psychiatrist in person to start you with SSRI's like Paroxetine and anti anxiety medications like benzodiazepenes.
Please reply back, what all tests were done in cardiology to make things clear.
Yes, increased anxiety can puts you at high risk of future cardiac ailments
Increased levels of anxiety are one of the most important risk factor for developing cardiac disease in future.
As all the tests done were fine, it's not cardiac; rather it's panic attack.
Do discuss with Your Psychiatrist to start you on Paroxetine 25mg initially and increase the dose by 12.5mg every week ,Trying to put you on a maintenance dose of 50mg/day.
Teramethylfolate(Tetarfol) should be given along with paroxetine it potentiates the action of this drug, along with it Benzodiazepenes(anti anxiety) like Clonazepam or Lorazepam should be added initially as daily dose and after few week, as per required basis.
Treatment will take few months, so please don't panic.
Discuss all options recommended with your Psychiatrist.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes weird feelings and brain zaps while taking ativan
- What causes diabetes while suffering from obesity
- Obesity causes nausea
- Causes of obesity
- What happens in the body to cause obesity
- Leading cause of obesity
- Does ativan cause constipation
- How obesity is caused
- Does obesity cause moles
- What illnesses can obesity cause
- What does the following test report during 18 weeks of pregnancy indicate?
- What are the repercussions of Gabapentin overdose?
- What causes aortic root dilatation while having hypertension?
- What do these following blood reports indicate?
- Suggest treatment for sharp pain in the sternum area
- What does this following blood report indicate?
- What does this thyroid blood test report indicate?
- What does this echocardiogram report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for soreness and pain in the knees
- Suggest treatment for high cholesterol levels and headaches