What causes numbness with pins and needle sensation on feet and hand?
I am a male, 41 yrs old, have a bad back (bulged discs in the lumbar region) am currently having some scans by specialist as MRI was inconclusive. I sometimes get shooting pains down my leg from the back pain. Now I don't have a shooting pain, I have a numbness/pins & needles feeling in my left foot, & pins and needles in my left hand. This is the first time this has happened, doesn't feel like the usual sciatic pain. What could this be?
Want to know little detail about your illness.
I have read your case. I want to know little detail about your illness before I advise you.
1. Since when you are having this problem?
2. Are you having diabetes or any other medical illness?
3. Have you done any blood test like serum B 12 estimation?
Please send me answers of these questions. Also If possible MRI. I will try my best to help you. Thanks.
I would suggest you to get B 12 estimation
After reading your answers, I came to conclusion that you might be having a polyneuropathy. I would suggest you to get serum B 12 estimation. This is common cause of neuropathy.
Also I forget to ask if you take alcohol . As it can also cause such symptoms.
Send me report of serum B 12.
Let me know if you want to ask any other questions. Thanks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pins and needles feeling in hands and feet is caused by what
- What causes numbness and tingling sensation in my hands
- Meth cause numbness in hands and feet
- What causes numbness in hands and feet at night with altitude
- What causes tingling and numbness in feet and hands
- What causes pins and needles and numbness in the foot
- Numbness pins needles hands feet palpitations
- What causes frequent numbness in hands and feet
- Numbness in hand and feet pins and needles sweating
- Pins snd needles and numbness in hand