question-icon

What causes numbness, tingling and pain in right arm and anxiety?

Posted on Fri, 6 May 2016
Question: i was recently in the er for my blood pressure being 186/126 i do not have blood pressure problems but have for panic attacks and anxiety over the past week i have been having numbness and tingling in my right arm with pain like its real heavy and asleep, today i had the same thing but goes into my pinky and finger beside it but not the others should i be worried?
Answered by Dr. Lilit Baghdasaryan (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Blood pressure monitoring is recommended

Detailed Answer:
Dear Mrs,

Numbness and tingling can be expressions of panic attacks.
Sometimes high blood pressure can observed during panic attacks, but I would advise you to monitor your blood pressure for a week, take blood pressure 2-3 times a day and write down, if you notice that you have blood pressure more than 140/90 frequently, see your doctor.
If your blood pressure data are more than 160/100 then you should check your kidney function.

Hope I could help you

Wishing you good health

In case of further questions don't hesitate to ask

Dr. Lilit Baghdasaryan

Cardiologist