What causes numbness throughout the body, weakness, electric impulses in the body?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Mon, 27 Mar 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: Hi my name is XXXXXXX I am 19, I feel a sudden numbness in my whole body, weak like I might faint, and these impulses that feel like I am being shocked, or adrenoline
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Medical examination is necessary.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Symptoms you describe may indicate several conditions, but also may mean nothing, especially if it was only one episode.

Conditions to consider include seizures, adrenal glands releasing large amounts of adrenaline ( feochromocytoma ), temporary lowering of blood pressure, etc.

It is necessary to get evaluated by your Doctor who can evaluate other signs such vitals, ( heart rate, blood pressure, respiratory rate ), skin changes ( color, sweating) etc., in order to understand better your condition.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Greetings.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D