What causes numbness on forehead?

Dr. Dariush Saghafi

Neurologist

Posted on Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Brain and Spine
Question: I was just wondering why the right side of my forehead is numb. I do have a very mild case of MS. I was wondering if this was just another symptom
Answered by Dr. Dariush Saghafi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes certainly could be

Detailed Answer:
Good morning to you. My name is Dr. Saghafi and I would like to answer your question for you. I understand you have MS. Do you have visible white matter lessions in the brain and/or spinal cord (cervical spine). It sounds to me as if you've just been getting "comfortable" with having MS and are possibly becoming aware of new things that can happen.

Therefore, in fact, the short answer to your question is "YES" the numbness over half of your forehead could just be another mundane symptom of the MS. However, cranial neuropathies in MS are likely less commonplace compared to limb and trunk neuropathies. You may find this symptom to subside in a few days to few weeks.

Sometimes they don't go away for months at a time. If the symptoms get worse or become very protracted I might recommend that you speak with the neurologist and see what his/her level for doing a course of high dose oral steroids (very high dose) vs. possibly a Solumedrol infusion for a few days to drive that numbness away.

If you feel that the information provided with this answer is timely and satisfactory for your needs I would greatly appreciate your feedback on our transaction. Also, if you have no further questions would you be so kind as to CLOSE THE QUERY on your end so we can show that your case has been queried and addressed satisfactorily by yourself.

Good luck to you. Dr D.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad