What causes numbness on finger tip?

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Question: This question is Neurology docto XXXXXXX Kunar.

Hi Doctor,

I forgot to mention that sometime only one fingetip on the left hand is numb, is it normal?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, it is a minor issue.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for getting back.

Numbness of finger tip is a minor issue and can occur due to mechanical pressure over the area while sitting or sleeping.

There is no need to worry about that.

I hope my reply has helped you.

I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX
For DIRECT QUERY to me: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Sudhir Kumar 20 minutes later
Thanks doctor, I'm on week 5 now and still feeling neck pain and symptoms are bettet one day the it gets worse, I did an MRI and it was ok. Very tired of tinnitus, maybe you can recomend something to make tinnitus not that loud? Maybe it's not the nerve and something else causing it?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You will get better soon.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for getting back.

You would get better in the next few weeks.

Symptoms related to nerves may fluctuate on different days.

There are no medications to relieve the tinnitus, however, tinnitus maskers are available.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Follow up: Dr. Sudhir Kumar 19 minutes later
I'm wondering why doctor here was not able to diagnose nerve damage as you di, he just did not say anything and sent me to MRId
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
Depends on the symptoms.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for getting back.

The diagnosis of nerve damage depends on your symptoms and its correlation with clinical findings on examination. MRI helps to find out any structural damage to any part of brain.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Follow up: Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 minutes later
got it Doctor, i really hope that tinnitus will go away so i can get back to the normal life
Brief Answer:
Sure it will.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for getting back.

You would surely get better and tinnitus would go away over time and you can return to normal life.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Follow up: Dr. Sudhir Kumar 46 minutes later
thank you for your feedback Doktor
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thank you.

Detailed Answer:
Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Follow up: Dr. Sudhir Kumar 29 hours later
Doctor, is it normal that tinnitus is present pretty much all the time?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for getting back.

Tinnitus may be present all the time and it is normal.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)