What causes numbness on feet?
There are numerous causes to this symptom
Good afternoon. My name is Dr. Saghafi and I am a neurologist from the XXXXXXX OH region of the world. GO BROWNS! I can see you're located a ways up the peninsula there....does that put you in GIANTS or JETS territory? Probably JETS, no? Well, at any rate...nice to meet you. I've read several of your other questions that you've sent to other colleagues to get an idea of what the other medical issues are that are concerning to you. So I notice that while your feet appear to be COLD and NUMB your ears are HOT and BRIGHT RED.
Let me ask this question. Have any of the questions/problems that you've posed over the past few months been entirely resolved or remitted on their own...or with treatment? If so, can you let me know which problems you no longer suffer from or are much less bothered by compared to before. Also, how long have you had the problem with the feet?
At any rate, allow me to simply list a few entities that could be responsible for cold and numb feet. I'm not necessarily listing them in any order...just as they come to me.
1. Autonomic dysfunction, however, I think this unlikely due to how young you are
2. Hormonal problems with thyroid or adrenal hypofunction
3. Vascular problems with blood flow to the legs and feet in general
4. Neuropathy in the feet either due to nutritional deficiencies such as sodium, B12, folate, alcohol excess, and Vitamin D
5. Along the lines of neuropathy would be many of the CAUSES itself of neuropathy such:
6. Raynaud's phenomenon
7. Extremely eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa
8. Acrocyanosis (bluish discoloration of the fingers and toes suggesting poor circulation)
9. Congestive heart failure
If you found information in this response helpful please provide some brief feedback as to the value of the content compared to what you were looking for along with a STAR RATING which would be greatly appreciated.
Also, if there are no further comments or questions over what I've written could you also CLOSE THE QUERY on your end which will signal to the system that the question has been satisfactorily responded to and can be processed, archived, and credited for future use and reference as necessary by other physicians.
This query required 32 min. of physician specific time to review, research, and respond with envoy to patient.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes sudden pressure and numbness in feet
- What causes painful bruise on knuckle and numbness in feet
- What causes swelling and numbness in feet
- What causes numbness in hands and feet at night with altitude
- What causes tingling and numbness in feet and hands
- What causes numbness in facelipshandsfingers and feet
- What causes numbness and itching in feet and toes
- What causes burningstabbing pain and numbness in feet
- What causes tingling and numbness on feet
- What causes numbness in legs and sole of feet