What causes numbness of feet?
New sneakers could cause numbness.
Thank you for posting your query.
I have noted your symptoms and agree with your doctor that wearing new sneakers could cause numbness of feet. This is because of mechanical compression of the nerves in the skin. If this is the cause, numbness would go away in a few days.
I am sure you have been tested for diabetes, vitamin B12 deficiency and thyroid problem, which are other common causes for numbness of feet.
I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.
Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in
Would be useful to see the reports.
Thank you for getting back with more information.
It would be useful to follow up the blood reports.
Spinal stenosis is less likely in the absence of back pain and radiating pain down the legs.
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes sudden pressure and numbness in feet
- What causes painful bruise on knuckle and numbness in feet
- What causes swelling and numbness in feet
- What causes numbness in hands and feet at night with altitude
- What causes tingling and numbness in feet and hands
- What causes numbness in facelipshandsfingers and feet
- What causes numbness and itching in feet and toes
- What causes burningstabbing pain and numbness in feet
- What causes tingling and numbness on feet
- What causes numbness in legs and sole of feet