What causes numbness in toe?
i am taking 50 mgs 4 times a day of the hydroclorozide
Ask your doctor for a substitute
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
Taking this drug 4times in a day is concerning to me. What is it being used for? This drug is known to cause reduced potassium levels in blood that can cause this abnormal sensation and cramps. Are you taking and potassium supplements? If not, talk to your doctor about getting your blood potassium levels checked.
I am so sorry to hear about this tingling sensation. There are so many drugs out there that can conveniently be used in place of hydrochlorothiazide. If this tingling if very worrisome to you, I will suggest that you ask your doctor to withdraw this medication and replace with another drug.
In all, the dosage is concerning and can easily cause low blood potassium levels that may explain these symptoms of tingling. Get your blood potassium levels checked. If no solution is imminent to relieve symptoms, please suggest your doctor change this medication as there are several medications that can be used for the same purpose.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thank you for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Hi and thank you so much for this precision.
I had suspected something was not exactly right about the name and the dosages. Thanks for this correction. What is hydralazine being prescribed for?
I will like to know and see what are the options of carrying on or considering a difficulty treatment regimen.
Am happy to know this drug has been changed. :et us see how well you would do on this new medication.
Keep me posted with the progress. I wish you well.
Let's give ourselves some more time!
Hi and sorry to hear the symptoms are still present.
I think it is too early to expect a significant regression in symptoms. I will like that we go up to two weeks before becoming worried. If by this time we get no relief, then the drug might not have been the exact cause of these symptoms and was rather a coincidence than the symptom being caused by hydralazine.
In all, monitor up to two weeks and we would explore other options if this is still present.
I wish you well and do keep me posted!
Thanks for the updates!
Hi and thanks for the updates.
Has there been any change in the severity if the numbness that you reported? I think the doctor is being very logical and would for sure find a solution to this. His gentle approach, trying one thing at a time is very important to clearly map out what the problem is.
I wish you well. Do keep me updated about the evolution of this numbness.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes numbness in middle toe of foot
- What causes numbness in toe and strain in groin area
- What could cause numbness in the toe
- What causes numbness swollen and painful toes
- What would be the cause for toe redness and numbness
- What causes numbness in right big toe
- What could cause numbness on the left big toe
- What causes numbness and itching in feet and toes
- What causes pain and numbness in toes and foot
- What causes numbness in toes on exposure to cold temperatures
- CT scan showed cancer tumor inside liver. Swollen abdomen, little...
- Shaved around private parts and around base of penis. Bumps are like...
- Having blood pressure. Taking Sandoz Fenofibrate. Should I go for higher...
- Severe anal itching and rashes on buttocks. Suggest medication
- Stomach upset, gas and bloating. What could this be?
- Can I contract HIV through blowjob?
- Having swollen testicles. Could this be a sign of cancer?
- Had rectal prolapse surgery. Should I be concerned of having irregular...
- What causes numbness in toe?
- Is Hydrazine sulfate effective for cancer patients suffering from cachexia?