What causes numbness in the right side of the body?
different possible causes
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
It is definitely possible, as you mentioned, that it is related to shingles.
Shingles is one of the common causes of neuropathy which refers to abnormal function of the nerves.
It can cause the pain, numbness and burning mentioned though the location is usually restricted to a specific area.
With shingles, the initial discomfort is usually followed by redness of the skin and the appearance of the rash.
Some persons, however, only experience the pain/numbness etc with no rash seen.
You can continue the ice packs. If you want, you can consider switching the indomethacin to naproxen or ibuprofen, to see if one of these would help with pain relief.
Anti viral medication such as acyclovir, valacylcovir, famciclovir-- can help reduce the severity of a shingles attack
The shingles vaccine would also reduce the frequency of the attacks
Other causes of neuropathy are: (1) diabetes
(2)kidney or liver disease
(4)low vitamin b12 , folate level
(5)abnormal levels of vitamin b6
(6)neurological conditions such as stroke or ms
(7)trauma to the nerves, in this case the nerves emerging from the mid to lower back
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questiosn
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes suddend numbness and sweating in the body
- What causes right sided numbness inspite of normal scans
- Right side of forehead numbness causes
- What causes numbness and tingling feeling in the body
- What causes numbness in right big toe
- What causes tingling and numbness in right side of body
- What causes numbness on the right outer thigh
- What could cause frequent numbing of right hand
- What could be the cause of numbness in right knee
- What causes numbness in right hand