• question-icon

What causes numbness in the right leg?

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: As I have given brief description,I want solution of my problem e.g.INSENSIBILITY IN MY right leg after 5 months of Angioplasty/Balooning.
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir

After going through the medical details provided by i would like to ask yo that did you had any chest discomfort now?

If no then it does not look like a cardiac issue. However for your leg numbness/insensitivity you need to get one arterial and venous doppler done for your leg and also its advisable that you should consult a neurologist for evaluation.

One more thing which i want to tell you that is if you are a diabetic or a smoker then it could be due to some kind of peripheral artery disease.

Also as you have gone through an angioplasty 5 months back its advisable to get one ECG done.

I hope this information will be helpful. Feel free to ask if you have any other doubts.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Bhanu Partap 7 hours later
Sir for your information niether I am diebetic nor smoker ,not feeling any discomfort in my chest .Can u suggest any medicine for my problem ?
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hello Again

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the feedback.

You can take some multivitamins like NEUROBION FORTE which is specifically used as nerve supplement. Try this once daily at night for 15 days.

I hope this answers your query.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist