What causes numbness in the neck, buttocks and back?

Neurologist, Surgical
Question
I woke up this morning with a numbness on the left rear going from neck at the base of the head to the top of my head, like the feeling when your hand are arms fall asleep it the best way I can describe it was just the left side, took about 5 to 10 min to completely go away, the top of the head was the last part for the feeling.
4 days ago in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Not a serious issue.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

It is a condition that may happen to anyone and is mainly related to the inappropriate sleeping position.

It is caused mainly by impaired blood flow or a nerve compression.

I think you shouldn't worry about.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Follow-up: What causes numbness in the neck, buttocks and back? 1 hour later
i have had a stroke, and have had stent put in widowmaker, a cyst in lft side of brain, and one minor heart attack. Should I still not be concerned. As far as sleeping positions this has never happened before, but I do know the effects of poor blood flow as my arms and hands get the numbness when I cross my arms sometimes for too long.

Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Read below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again.

Despite your previous health issues, if it was a serious thing it shouldn't have passed in ten minutes.

However, if these symptoms repeat getting an evaluation by your Doctor could be necessary.

Hope I helped you.

Regards.