What causes numbness in the leg after a shave excision surgery?
You should be fine soon.
Thank you for posting your query.
I am Dr Sudhir Kumar, Neurologist and would try my best to help you.
Since the procedure was done under local anaesthesia, I do not expect any complication in arm or leg. At the most, there can be numbness over the forehead, which you have clarified that you do not have.
So, just wait for a few hours, you should get better. If possible, do not sleep on the left side, as mechanical pressure too can cause numbness.
I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.
Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in
Most likely related to anxiety.
Thank you for getting back.
I also feel you are over-reacting. Your symptoms are most likely related to anxiety.
In any case, there is no relation between the procedure and your symptoms.
If there is a significant weakness (if you are unable to walk properly or you can not hold a glass of water), then, we need to take it seriously and evaluate further. Otherwise, we can wait and watch.
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes extreme pain in leg with numbness and imbalance
- What caused pain and numbness in leg and foot
- What causes tingling and numbness in legs
- What causes middle back pain and numbness in leg
- What causes muscle pain and numbness in legs
- Aleve cause leg numbness
- What causes numbness in hands and legs after a thyroidectomy
- Leg numbness causes
- What causes numbness in legs and sole of feet
- What causes numbness and swelling on leg which was fractured