What causes numbness in the left foot, ankle and calf, dizziness and headache?

Question
I have had numbness in my left foot, ankle and calf for two days now. It impairs my normal walking ability. I sometimes feel dizzy, but no headache or vision impairment. There is really no tingling throughout the body.
Could this have been a XXXXXXX stroke and will this pass in a few days? I take an 81 mg aspirin each day and four Circulation SJ (Chinese herbs) by Evergreen Corp that my acupuncturist recommended several years ago. Should I take another 81 mg aspirin in the evening?
I just had my annual physical and my blood work was all in the normal parameters. I am 63 years old and weigh 172 lbs at 5'10 1/2". I have always been in very good health.
Thu, 24 May 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need some details to guide you in a better way

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thank You for contacting HealthcareMagic. My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.

I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. There could be a number of causes that can result in numbness. I would be in a better position to guide you anything if you answer following questions please:

1. Did similar problem occur in past as well? if yes then how did it resolve?
2. do you have history of diabetes, hypertension or any other illness?
3. what is your normal daily dietary routine?
4. is there any history of pain in lower back radiating to left thigh?
5. do you take alcohol? if yes then do you feel that your numbness increases after its use?
6. are you on any medication?
7. any other symptom that you would like to share?

I will be looking forward for the answers to conclude the discussion in the best interest of yours.
Thank You

Follow-up: What causes numbness in the left foot, ankle and calf, dizziness and headache? 1 hour later
1. No
2. No
3. Eat very well. Usually one large meal daily. No fast food, greasy food, etc.
No snacks. Have stayed away from salt and sugar most of my adult life.
4. Yes, although the pain is from the sciatic nerve down my right leg, not the left. I get massages at least once a month for 90 mins and have person work on my lower body the most. I seem to have poor circulation in my lower body. The left ankle has spider veins and that is where it has always been tight and is painful with deep tissue massage, but feels so good afterwards. I have never really been ill. Never been hospitalized. Didn't start seeing a doctor until I turned 60 (three years ago) and have annually been given a clean XXXXXXX of health.
5. I started drinking Nov 10th on my birthday after not having a drink for many months. When this numbness started, I immediately quit three days ago. There has never been any numbness from drinking in the past. 6. Only 81 mg aspirin.

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Most Probably nerve compression is causing numbness

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thank you for getting back with the answers. I have gone through them. Two most common reasons for numbness includes nerve compression, followed by vitamin deficiency. Have you undergone MRI lumbosacral spine recently? IF yes then fine BUT if not then i would suggest you to once get it done to check the status of nerve compression. Secondly, if numbness & pain are interfering with your normal daily routine then you can discuss with your treating orthopedic surgeon about intradural steroid injection. Meanwhile you can take ibuprofen for pain & any multivitamin tablets (once daily) available from your local pharmacy. Avoid lifting heavy weight. Try to sit straight to avoid increasing pressure on your lumbar spine.

Hope i have answered your query. If you have any follow-up query then feel free to ask.
Wishing you a good health.