• question-icon

What causes numbness in the head and cloudy vision in a diabetic?

Posted on Fri, 11 Aug 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: I'm experiencing cloudy vision in right eye along with headache on right side of head, slight numbness on right side of head by my right eye and ear, and I keep stumbling or walk unsteady. I'm a type 2 diabetic.This has been going on for a couple of weeks. Sometimes it's minimal, right now, it's bothering me. I'm at work, and it's affecting my alertness. Hard to see in a darkened room. I've fallen, sometimes I use a wall to keep steady. I look like I'm drunk, but I don't drink.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Urgent ophthalmological evaluation needed

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. You urgently need to visit an ophthalmologist in order to get yourself evaluated. There are a number of ominous causes like retinal problems, glaucoma, multiple sclerosis etc. which could be the underlying cause. The cause needs to be determined and treated at the earliest. Treatment will depend on the underlying condition.

I would insist you not to ignore the condition.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha