What causes numbness in the hands and arms?

Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Fri, 16 Sep 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: What does it mean when I have numbness continually in my hands and arms
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I need little more detail of the illness

Detailed Answer:
I have studied your case and I think you are having neuropathy. This can be due to nerve compression or B 12 deficiency. Before I advised you anything I would like to know little detail of the illness.
1.Do you have neck pain also?
2.Since when you are having these symptoms?
3.Do you have Diabetes, Thyroid or smoking problem?
Please send me answers of these questions.I will try my best to help you.
thanks
Follow up: Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 4 hours later
I do not have neck pain. I don't smoke. I don't have diabetes.The symptoms have been occurring for quite some time. I also feel low energy and have a hard time sleeping.
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need to take medications

Detailed Answer:
thanks for replying. You need to get your serum B 12 estimation to see if there is low methylcobal level.if yes then you need to take methylcobal 1500 microgram ten injection one daily for ten days.
Also you need to take tablet pregabalin M at night time. These two drugs will improve your tingling and numbness.
thanks