What causes numbness in the fingertips?
YYYY@YYYY is my email
Numbness of finger tip
Numbness over the tip of the finger can be due to a number of causes, including benign causes as a temporary cold, especially if it occurred on exposure to sudden cold temperature, Raynauds phenomenon/ disease, vascular insufficiency, work related e.g. typing/ XXXXXXX use, peripheral neuropathy, pinched nerve, vitamin B6 overdose and carpel tunnel syndrome.
The area needs to be examined. If the tip is cold and painful with acute occurrence with no response to warmth, then vascular insufficiency should be ruled out. The hand should be examined and the above causes should be looked for and investigated accordingly.
Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes numbness in fingertips
- Causes of fingertip numbness and color change
- What causes numbness in ankle
- What causes dizzinessheadachesblackouts and numbness
- What causes confusion and numbness
- Was unable to speak fingertip got numb underlying cause
- Fingertip numbness causes
- What causes numbing of the clitoris
- What is the cause of headaches and numbness
- What is the cause of numbness in thigh