What causes numbness in the feet?
It is peripheral neuropathy
Hello, Thank you for posting your question on Health Care Magic.
Are you diabetic? if so the neuropathic symptoms you have described could be related to diabetes. In which case you would need a tighter control of diabetes.
If not it could be due to vitamin b12 deficiency which is known to cause neuropathic symptoms.
You have not mentioned the duration of symptoms, if they have been there for a while then it could be the reasons I mentioned above.
If the symptoms are new and accompanied by back or leg pain please get investigated further.
I would suggest the following
please get a vitamin b 12 levels done
It will give us an idea if you need injectable replacement.
Meanwhile any over the counter multivitamin could be useful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes sudden pressure and numbness in feet
- What causes painful bruise on knuckle and numbness in feet
- What causes swelling and numbness in feet
- What causes numbness in hands and feet at night with altitude
- What causes tingling and numbness in feet and hands
- What causes numbness in facelipshandsfingers and feet
- What causes numbness and itching in feet and toes
- What causes burningstabbing pain and numbness in feet
- What causes tingling and numbness on feet
- What causes numbness in legs and sole of feet