What causes numbness in the feet?
Hello and thanks for your question,
Neuropathy is a condition of the nerves that can cause numbness and in some cases pain. It can be caused by many things including diabetes, poor blood flow to the feet, alcohol use (in excess) and vitamin B12 deficiency.
It is best that you see your doctor for an exam and some testing.
Since you have had open heart surgery, my first suspicion would be that you are not getting enough blood flow to the legs and feet.
The same processes that cause blockages in the heart can cause blockages in blood flow to the legs.
There are tests your doctor can do to evaluate this.
If you smoke or drink it would be best to stop.
See your doctor for testing and exam as soon as possible
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes sudden pressure and numbness in feet
- What causes painful bruise on knuckle and numbness in feet
- What causes swelling and numbness in feet
- What causes numbness in hands and feet at night with altitude
- What causes tingling and numbness in feet and hands
- What causes numbness in facelipshandsfingers and feet
- What causes numbness and itching in feet and toes
- What causes burningstabbing pain and numbness in feet
- What causes tingling and numbness on feet
- What causes numbness in legs and sole of feet