What causes numbness in the face and fingers?

Dr. Ishu Bishnoi

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Tue, 8 May 2018 in Brain and Spine
Question: numbness in face and fingers
Answered by Dr. Ishu Bishnoi 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need more information

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sxxxxxxx, thanks for asking from HCM.

I can understand your concern. Your complaint is numbness over face and fingers. Such symptoms can occur with number of diseases like neuropathy, parietal lobe stroke, cervical spondylosis, pontine mass/ischemic lesion, depression, diabetes and many more. Now to narrow the diagnosis, I need more information about your complaint

- What is the duration?
- What is the exact site of face and fingers (right/left or both)?
- Is there any history of pain, current like sensations?
- Is there any history of sensory loss?
- Is there any history of diabetes, stroke (ischemic or hemorrhagic)?
- Is there any weakness of fingers?
- If any investigation was done, please let me know?

I hope you got my point. If you have any doubt, do let me know.
Thanks. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj