Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

What causes numbness in the face and fingers?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Neurologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 830 Questions
numbness in face and fingers
Tue, 8 May 2018 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Ishu Bishnoi 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need more information

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sxxxxxxx, thanks for asking from HCM.

I can understand your concern. Your complaint is numbness over face and fingers. Such symptoms can occur with number of diseases like neuropathy, parietal lobe stroke, cervical spondylosis, pontine mass/ischemic lesion, depression, diabetes and many more. Now to narrow the diagnosis, I need more information about your complaint

- What is the duration?
- What is the exact site of face and fingers (right/left or both)?
- Is there any history of pain, current like sensations?
- Is there any history of sensory loss?
- Is there any history of diabetes, stroke (ischemic or hemorrhagic)?
- Is there any weakness of fingers?
- If any investigation was done, please let me know?

I hope you got my point. If you have any doubt, do let me know.
Thanks. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor