What causes numbness in penis?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in Men's Health
Question: Hi I will be honest iam 24 years male old I am masturbating from past 2 years and my problem is that from 2-3 months iam not feeling any thing when I touch my penis that is when I touch my penis it doesn't feel like its getting touched someone told me its a nerve damage and penile implant is the only choice will I be able to cum after penile implant because I dont feel sensation on my penis and when penis erects it goes down immediately.iam not diabatic and not fat too what is treatment for this.is it a serious concern?can I reproduce?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Stress related ED.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Young man.

First of all the young men do not get such problems all of a sudden and Penile prosthesis are not required at your age unless there is a direct problem related to the penis. So first of all remove this thought from your brain and thinking.

Secondly masturbation is a very normal and natural process- as normal as sex, so nothing wrong in doing this.

Now- your problem for the last 2 to 3 months is that you are not having any feeling when you touch your penis. Another history is very important which you have typed >>'' when penis erects it goes down immediately ''.
This proves that there may not be a problem with the nerve.
When one gets a problem with the nerve, there is no erection at all. So I think the nerve is intact. I hope there is no history of any surgery or trauma to the spine or any pelvis problem.

So the most probable reason which I can think of for such a problem in a young man of your age is Psychological affection. For Whatever the reason known or unknown to you, this looks to be a stress related to the ability to preform or a guilt or wrong information by your friends or family who would not know anything about sex.

You can have a normal life again and can reproduce.

I would advise you to consult an Urologist and / or Psychiatrist if the Urologist thinks so.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 13 minutes later
ok thanks if it is psychological affection why iam not feeling sensation on my penis?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need Physical examination& investigations

Detailed Answer:
The sensations are mediated through a very complex nervous system.
As you said there is erections means the pathway may be intact.
So please check with the Urologist who would do physical tests to see if there is any problem with the nerves/s , pelvis, or spinal cord. Ans also will for the investigation.
This is one of the most important points of life, hence the need to consult the Super-specialist.

Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 14 minutes later
so there is no nerve damage in my penis? I will consult a urologist but after 1 weak I just want to calm myself down because if nerve damage exist I will become impotent and there is no treatment for that.and I can't hold an erection for than 20 sec. thanks doctor for your answers
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get the stress under control, please.

Detailed Answer:

Please do not worry so much. This much worry can add to the problem. This has a direct bearing on diagnosis, investigations and treatment.

As I said, if there is an erection, may be just for a few seconds or minutes, the nerve pathways may be normal. This is treatable and you may not become impotent.

Let us see What the Urologist has to find. Get the stress under control.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T