Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

What causes numbness in penis?

Feb 2018
User rating for this question
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 15954 Questions
Hi I will be honest iam 24 years male old I am masturbating from past 2 years and my problem is that from 2-3 months iam not feeling any thing when I touch my penis that is when I touch my penis it doesn't feel like its getting touched someone told me its a nerve damage and penile implant is the only choice will I be able to cum after penile implant because I dont feel sensation on my penis and when penis erects it goes down immediately.iam not diabatic and not fat too what is treatment for it a serious concern?can I reproduce?
Posted Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Stress related ED.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Young man.

First of all the young men do not get such problems all of a sudden and Penile prosthesis are not required at your age unless there is a direct problem related to the penis. So first of all remove this thought from your brain and thinking.

Secondly masturbation is a very normal and natural process- as normal as sex, so nothing wrong in doing this.

Now- your problem for the last 2 to 3 months is that you are not having any feeling when you touch your penis. Another history is very important which you have typed >>'' when penis erects it goes down immediately ''.
This proves that there may not be a problem with the nerve.
When one gets a problem with the nerve, there is no erection at all. So I think the nerve is intact. I hope there is no history of any surgery or trauma to the spine or any pelvis problem.

So the most probable reason which I can think of for such a problem in a young man of your age is Psychological affection. For Whatever the reason known or unknown to you, this looks to be a stress related to the ability to preform or a guilt or wrong information by your friends or family who would not know anything about sex.

You can have a normal life again and can reproduce.

I would advise you to consult an Urologist and / or Psychiatrist if the Urologist thinks so.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What causes numbness in penis? 13 minutes later
ok thanks if it is psychological affection why iam not feeling sensation on my penis?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need Physical examination& investigations

Detailed Answer:
The sensations are mediated through a very complex nervous system.
As you said there is erections means the pathway may be intact.
So please check with the Urologist who would do physical tests to see if there is any problem with the nerves/s , pelvis, or spinal cord. Ans also will for the investigation.
This is one of the most important points of life, hence the need to consult the Super-specialist.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What causes numbness in penis? 14 minutes later
so there is no nerve damage in my penis? I will consult a urologist but after 1 weak I just want to calm myself down because if nerve damage exist I will become impotent and there is no treatment for that.and I can't hold an erection for than 20 sec. thanks doctor for your answers
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get the stress under control, please.

Detailed Answer:

Please do not worry so much. This much worry can add to the problem. This has a direct bearing on diagnosis, investigations and treatment.

As I said, if there is an erection, may be just for a few seconds or minutes, the nerve pathways may be normal. This is treatable and you may not become impotent.

Let us see What the Urologist has to find. Get the stress under control.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor