What causes numbness in lips after a dental injection?
Can be due to multiple reasons, needs more details
Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..
I have gone through your query and can understand your concerns..
As per your complain numbing of lips like that occurs after a dental anaesthesia can occur due to a number of simple to complex causes out of which a few common ones can be Allergic reaction, side effects of medicines, low thyroid levels, reduced blood flow etc..
I would like to known a few more detains before I can advise you to proceed towards treatment..
1.Since how many days is the numbness present?
2.Is the numbness persistent or it comes and goes?
3.Is there any swelling or redness of lips present?
4. Are you on any medication?
5. Do you have any medical problems?
6. Have you undergone any dental treatment recently on in near past?
7.Is the numbness worsen after eating or drinking anything?
Kindly revert back with the reply?
Hope this information helps..
Thanks and regards.
Dr.Honey Nandwani Arora.
4. Amlodaphine 5 and athenanol 50.
5. type 2 diabetes. Under control without medication.
6. NO not in years.
I said it feels like when I am injected for an extraction. many many years ago.
I must say that I had black berries for the first time in my life just before this condition presented itself.
Might be allergic reactin to berries..
Thanks for the quick reply..
As per the reply, as it is since 2 days you are experiencing numbness of the lips and there are no other symptoms associated with it, you should at present wait and watch for a week..
It can be most probably be due to either rising blood sugar levels allergic reaction to black berries or any other food.
-In the meanwhile first of all get your blood sugar evaluation done both fasting and post meal to confirm it is not rising..
-You should start applying Petroleum jelly over the lips..
-Take a Vitamin B complex tablet daily..
-Do alternate warm and cool compresses over the lips.
-Avoid taking carbonated drinks [ cold drinks] or alcohol [if you take].
-You can also do meditation and deep breathing exercises to alleviate stress..
Kindly revert back after a week..
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lip numbness causes
- What causes tingling and numbness on tongue and lips
- What causes numbness and pain after a catheter ablation
- What causes a tingling numbness in chin and lips
- What causes whiteness and numbness in the lips
- Intramuscular injection causing numbness
- What would cause my lips to go numb
- Cause of buttock numbness and pain after voltren injection
- What causes mouth ulcers and numb lips
- Toothache is causing numbness in lips