question-icon

What causes numbness in legs and sole of feet?

Posted on Thu, 13 Mar 2014
Question: Hi Doc, My father aged 72 has been diagnosed with high lead levels(55) in blood. About a month or two back, he has started complaining about numbness in leg and sole of feet. His current work enviroment largely consist of chemicals like Acids, Cyanide and other electroplatting chemicals.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T (41 hours later)
Brief Answer: the exposure has to be stopped Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Blood lead levels anything more then 20 microltr is not safe for the health. I recommend him to stop working in such a hazardous place. He may not need medication for present condition unless he has any clinical symptoms or signs of lead poisoning. Regards,
Dr. Raju A.T