What causes numbness in left lip and eye area?

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Brain and Spine
Question: what causes numbness in left lip and eye area
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Suggestive of trigeminal neuropathy

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query.

I have noted your symptoms. The symptoms are suggestive of trigeminal neuropathy. Trigeminal nerve supplies sensations to the face including lips and eyes. This nerve can get affected by a viral infection.

It may be self-limiting in nature and improve in a few days.

If symptoms persist, a brain scan may be done to exclude a small infarct (minor brain stroke) due to lack of blood flow to brain.

I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.

Wishing you good health,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in