What causes numbness in left hand?
it can be a nerve compression in neck or wrist
I have studied your case. This can be due to nerve compression in neck.It causes pain in whole arm and hand with tingling and numbness. But before I advise you any more I would like to know little detail of your illness.
1. Are you having any pain also ?
2. Are you a Diabetic or a smoker?
3.Do you drive or work on laptop for long time?
Please senD me answers of these questions. I will try my best to help you.
It can be due to cervical Spondylitis
Thanks for replying.I think that you are most probably having cervical spondylitis. In this there is nerve compression in the spine. This causes tingling and numbness in hand. To confirm this diagnosis I would recommend you to get neck x ray.
1. Avoid working on laptop for long hours.
2. Intermittent cervical traction exercises.
3. Avoid using pillow specially bug one.
4. Smoking also causes neuropathy.
5.Table pregabalin M one daily.
I hope these steps will be helpful for you. Let me know if there is any other followup questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Meth use cause left hand numb
- What causes numbness and tingling sensation in my hands
- What causes light headedness and numb hands
- What could be causing hand numbness in the morning
- What causes headache and numbness in left hand
- What causes numbness in hands and feet at night with altitude
- What causes painswelling and numbness in hands
- What is causing numbness in hand and back pain
- Does gastric trouble cause for numbness on the left hand
- What causes numbness in right hand