What causes numbness in left finger tips?
You have carpal tunnel syndrome.
I have read your query.
From your history, it seems you are having carpel tunnel syndrome. Carpal tunnel develops slowly. At first, you're most likely to notice it at night or when you first wake up in the morning.
I want to explain you a little about carpal tunnel syndrome -The wrist is surrounded by a band of fibrous tissue that normally functions as a support for the joint. The tight space between this fibrous band and the wrist bone is called the carpal tunnel. The median nerve passes through the carpal tunnel to receive sensations from the thumb, index, and middle fingers of the hand.
Any condition that causes swelling or a change in position of the tissue within the carpal tunnel can squeeze and irritate the median nerve, with the result tingling and numbness in fingers.
Now come to the treatment part. I advise you to get electrodiagnostic tests, and send me the report.
Till then you get wrist brace, it will provide rest and support to the wrist joint and adjoining muscles.
Take 1 tab aceclofenac+serratiopeptidase three time a day. If still pain occurs then get steroid injection in wrist and last option will be surgery arthroscopically to release the band.
I hope it helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes tingling and numbness in fingers at night
- Can diovan cause numbness only in finger tips
- What causes numbness in fingers and swollen knees
- What causes numbness and pain in fingers
- What causes numbness in tip of left thumb
- What causes numbness in fingers while sleeping
- Have intermittent numbness in fingers what could be the cause
- What is the cause of numbness in fingers with diabetes
- Getting numbness on finger what is the cause
- What causes shortness of breath and numbness in finger