What causes numbness in feet?

Dr. Gaurav Katiyar

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: MY FEET HAVE A NUMB FEELING TO THEM. i CAN STILL FEEL THINGS WITH THEM BUT THEY JUST FEEL UNCCOMFORTABLE ESPECIALLY IF i PUT THEM IN WATER TO GO SWIMMING, TAKE A BATH OR SOAK THEM. i HAVE SEEN A PODIATRIST BUT HE DOESN'T TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT THE PROBLEM.
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be dificiency

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your query.

Main cause of numbness in feet is compression of nerve in the back. Since your back x-rays didn't show any sign of compression, it can be ruled out.

Other cause is deficiency of Vitamin B12 and D3 along with electrolyte imbalance.There can be poor conduction of nerve impulse.
I suggest you to go for blood test for levels of B12, D3, calcium, sodium and potassium along with nerve conduction test. Consult an Internal medicine specialist for clinical examinations also.

Hope I have answered you. You can close the discussion and rate the answer, if you don't have further query.

Wish you good health
Dr. Gaurav Katiyar
For further queries you can contact me directly on http://bit.ly/DrGaurav
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj