What causes numbness in both hands?
Dear XXXX, it`s Neuropathy requiring definite evaluation & management.
Respected XXXX, Hi I evaluated your query thoroughly.
*Certain vital informations are missing as - duration of symptoms - history of
any injury / fall - associated conditions like Hypertension / Diabetes -
associated back pain with radiation to lower limbs - tingling numbness in feet ?
*In absence of above I would like to comment as :
@ Clinical diagnosis of Neuropathy under evaluation.
@ In our clinic , we evaluate the patient with thorough history , physical
examination , relevant Laboratory evaluations as CBC , ESR , Fasting Blood
sugar, S.Cholesterol , S.Creatinine ,S.B12 , S. Calcium levels ; X-ray cervical
and L-S spine , X-Ray Pelvis ; with MRI , Nerve conduction studies
evaluations as requirement of need.
@ Maintain your hydration , BP , Blood sugar, cholesterol levels.
@ Do remain ambulatory not bed ridden till possible.
@ Perform light exercises at home for both upper and lower limbs.
@ High protein, fibre & iron diet.
@ Avoid smoking / alcohol / abuse substances if consuming.
@ Avoid exposure to excess cold.
@ Avoid stress / anxiety.
@ Multivitamins , Multiminerals and Trace elements with Gabapentine ,
Methylcobalamine, Calcium supplements have some benifits.
@ Have an appointment with Neurophysician and get perfect evaluation and
management of the present condition.
Hope this clears your query.
Thanks for using Health Care Magic and viewing my answer.
Wishing you fast and speedy recovery from the same.
Would Love to answer any further query regarding any medical ailment.
Bye Dear take care.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes numbness and tingling sensation in my hands
- What causes light headedness and numb hands
- What could be causing hand numbness in the morning
- What could be the cause of hand numbness and dizziness
- What causes numbness in hands and feet at night with altitude
- What causes painswelling and numbness in hands
- What is causing numbness in hand and back pain
- What causes swelling and numbness in both knees
- What causes tingling sensation and numbness in hands and arms
- What causes numbness in right hand