What causes numbness and tremors in legs and feet?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Brain and Spine
Question: I am experiencing a burning, numbing sensation in my legs and feet with some trembling all over. I am also woozy. I have been taking steroids and Ceftin for the past 3 days for chest congestion. I do have COPD. Your opinion would be appreciated.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to steroids.

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Welcome to HCM,

Taking steroids can cause an increase in anxiety and some hormonal changes in the body causing the symptoms you are having. These symptoms should decrease in next few days. Do increase your fluid intake and take more of fresh fluids to overcome any electrolyte imbalance.

I hope this answers your query.

In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee