• question-icon

What causes numbness and tingling sensation in both arms?

Posted on Thu, 20 Jul 2017 in Back Pain
Question: Hello, for the past two week. I have been having this weir symptoms. Start with numbness and tingling on both arms at night and when I woke up my arms hurts. The second week start to get worst. My left calf start to tingling I sit down and continue for several hours. On night sweet a lot and my wife told me that my feet start to get hot.Today I woke up around 4 am. every time a move and my body start to feel some compression numbness either hand. I have blood pressure and talking medecine for the last 3 years

sometimes i have Hot flashes on knees and feet
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Vascular or neuropathic problem.

Detailed Answer:
Tingling numbness of a limb can either be due to vascular or neuropathic problem. Such problems are aggravated in smokers or cardiac patients due to inherent disturbance of circulation in their body .
A detailed examination by your physician is warranted to confirm the possibility. You may need a few blood tests like Fasting blood sugar and postprandial blood sugar in addition arteriography / angiography is entailed.

In the meantime, if you have a history of smoking, high cholesterol, overweight, then these need to be dealt with.
You should eat a healthy diet consisting more of meat and non veg products which are sources of vitamin B 12. If you are a vegetarian then you can take vitamin B 12 supplements after consulting your physician.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon