What causes numbness and tightness in the shoulder muscles during physical exercise?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
HELLO, i am afraid to asked this question, but here we go. While at the gym, started to bench press, i did not stretch first, so went right into pushing the weight, after pushing 15 reps, felt a slight numbness in the left shoulder, then after stretching the arm with an arm exercise, all seemed to be ok, but you never know. Also, expect to have T4 syndrome. Muscles seem to be tight from my back to the chest on the left side.
Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to exercise.

Detailed Answer:
The slight numbness and tightness of the muscles can be due to the exercise. You can have rest for a few days and get your serum Vitamin B 12 levels evaluated. Taking methylcobalamin supplements can help in reducing the numbness.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Follow-up: What causes numbness and tightness in the shoulder muscles during physical exercise? 30 minutes later
Thank you very for the answer, will rest !!

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thank you.
I am happy I could help.
Please do recommend our services to others too in case you found them helpful. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Wishing you the best in whatever you do.
Best regards.