What causes numbness and swelling in the tongue while on Advil?

Dr. Jnikolla

Pulmonologist

Posted on Fri, 3 Aug 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: My tongue got swollen I thought it was an allergic reaction to something I ate I took antihistamine it has been 4 days now i still have numbness in one side of my tongue and pain I think I might have bit it as I can see teeth marks on the bottom of my tongue but don't remember biting it what can be causing this I'm am taking Advil for the pain in tongue. I'm able to swallow I have not seen a doctor the selling has gone down somewhat but there is a lump on my tongue with a gash where I think I bit it. I was biting a XXXXXXX pit when I think I did this I don't know what kind of doctor I would even see ?
Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
consult your doctor

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome in HCM

I can understand your concern

According to the history you provide it seems that its not an alergic reaction.

For better evaluation of your actual situation you should consult your doctor and than after examining you closely he/she should decide if you need further follow up or not.

As you explain i don't think you will need other examinations however your doctor knows better your actual clinical picture.

Brief Answer:
continue discussion

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

I meant your GP doctor

Sorry for the misunderstanding

Dr.Jolanda
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Jnikolla 45 minutes later
What kind of Dr? General internal ? Oral surgeon ? Ear nose and throat ? Please provide this info