What causes numbness and pain in the arms and lower right back along with hot flashes?
It may not IBD or cancer, require lifestyle modifications.
As you have already done endoscopy and diagnosed as gastritis and duodenitis, so be relax. It's not a major health issue. You can take tab. pantoprazole instead of tab. nexium. Along with that, you require lifestyle modifications. So avoid heavy meal. Do exercise daily. Walk at least 30 mins daily. Don't sleep immediately after meal. Try to avoid heavy meal like nonveg if possible. Eat more fiber. Avoid spicy, hot items. Keep yourself hydrated. Walk for at least 5 mins after walk. Avoid smoking, alcohol. This will help you.
Common causes for hot flashes over face are sinusitis, sore throat, sunburn, dermatitis, dry skin, tonsillitis. rare causes are hormonal imbalance, adrenal disease. Please provide a detailed history.
For numbness of arm and back. Do vitamin B12 level test. Do exercise/ physiotherapy regularly. As per your present history, it's may not IBD or cancer.
I will suggest you follow up here with a detailed history.
Hope this clarifies your concerns. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Shyam B. Kale, General & Family Physician
The reason I suspect Crohn's is because my grandfather on my fathers side had it, a so I'm predisposed to it genetically. I've not had many medical issues my life, with the most serious being the recent: I left it out but I've had many issues strange issues with my body since I noticed a strange lump on my lower right side of my back about five months ago, I went to get that checked out with a cancer doc and she said I shouldn't worry about it as even though it may be huge she said it seemed different than the forms of sarcoma and lipomas she's seen, claimed it was asymmetrical fat. Shortly before that I started having a lot of abdominal pain, so I went to my GI to get it checked out and after the endoscopy concluded that it was Gastritis and duodenitis. He said that most likely isn't anything too serious, but because of my grandfathers past history it's possible it might be crohn's. Another thing I've noticed is I've started to feel something internally on the lower right side of my abdomen, like pressure or almost a knot sort of feeling in my intestines that is a bit scary. I've looked up quite a few things about crohn's and other issues. I'm curious though, if Gastritis and duodenitis is not caused by H. Pylori, or overuse of aspirin/iburprophen. Could Crohn's disease cause that? Or maybe even some sort of colon cancer? I know Crohn's can, but I'm curious if any form of cancer can cause the combination of gastritis and duodenitis. Sorry if these questions are dumb, but as someone who isn't in the medical field and someone who worries a lot.. Might give me a bit of peace of mind. :)
Thank you for your time!
Suggested colonoscopy, CT scan, FNAC to rule out any possibilities.
You are right as Heredity is one of the causes of Crohn's disease, but not always. I will suggest you do colonoscopy or sigmoidoscopy to rule out Crohn's disease. As you have noticed lump over the right side of the back, you go for fine needle aspiration cytology of that lump. That will give you a provisional diagnosis. I will suggest you do CT scan abdomen and pelvis, which will help you to rule out all possibilities of cancer, Crohn's disease. Crohn's disease generally involves lower intestines, but can also involve duodenum. So Crohn's disease may be the cause of gastritis and duodenitis. So I will suggest you do investigations as I suggested and follow up here with reports.
Hope this clarifies your concerns.
Thank you for contacting us.
Dr. Shyam B. Kale, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Entire right arm and hand numb pins and needles hot flashes
- Hot flashes and numbness in arms
- Hot flash on forehead what caused this
- What causes chills and hot flashes
- Hot flashes lower back pain bruising upper chest discomfort coughing
- Lower stomach pains hot flashes dizziness nausea cause and cure
- Hot flashes and numbness of right hand
- Burping heartburn back pain tired hot flashes
- Lower stomach pain back pain dizziness hot flashes pregnant
- What hormone causes hot flashes
- What causes pain and alterations in the shape of the testicle?
- What causes numbness and pain in the arms and lower right back along...
- What can cause dry patches on the penis?
- What causes fever and cough along with green mucus in the throat despite...
- Can Oxybutynin be taken for bladder spasms after recovering from UTI?
- Should I be concerned about cysts at the arches of the feet?
- Is Fertyl M tablet suitable for men or women?
- What energy supplements are safe to consume with milk by an elderly person?
- What causes swelling in the cheek while on Azithromycin for sinusitis...
- What can cause severe leg cramps and cold sweats?