What causes numbness and immobilisation of wrist?
needs evaluation.immobilisation normal position
I went through the query and understood your concern.
Does this numbness and immobilisation started on the same day after you slept on the wrist or started now. If it started on the same day the chance of nerve compression or decreased blood supply for 4 hours to specific part of nerve and hence damage may be present.
Based on your explanation the median nerve might have been injured or compressed and hence you are facing this problem.
You need to get evaluated for the cause. Need xray of wrist and nerve conduction test. This will help in right diagnosis. Compression to the nerve will recover faster compared to any tear and if any injury the earlier the treatment the better is the result.
So for now keep wrist in immobilisation position and consult your doctor for evaluation.
Hope this information helps you. Feel free to ask for any further queries. I will be glad to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes numbness in fingertips
- What causes numbness in the groin
- What causes heartburn and numbness
- What causes numbness in ankle
- What causes dizzinessheadachesblackouts and numbness
- What causes confusion and numbness
- What causes numbing of the clitoris
- What is the cause of headaches and numbness
- What is the cause of numbness in thigh
- Cause of numbness in toes and dent near wrist