What causes numbness and black/blue discoloration on finger injury?
An injury is likely.
Thanks for posting your query.
The black and blue finger can be due to a repeat injury in the same area. The finger stitched up in July must have healed well by now.
The black and blue coloration indicates a hematoma formation in the area. It can cause a local nerve compression causing the numbness.
If there is no acute pain on bending or the swelling is not actively increasing then any bone injury is not likely. You can strap the finger with the next finger and let it heal on its own. In case it is painful and tender then an infection needs to be ruled out after a direct examination.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Finger injury causes
- Drugs/medication for finger injury
- When will the finger injury of a child heal
- Crushed finger injury
- Finger injury joint slipped out tendinitis muscle cramps treatment
- Symptoms of finger injury
- Thumb and finger injury water cyst on wrist treatment
- Fingers injury swelling and pain what can help them
- Diagnosis of finger injury
- Treatment and cure for finger injury