Ask a Dentist   »  

What causes not grown back tooth in a 2.7 year old?

Dentist, Endodontics
Question
My 2.7 yrs old daughters inside teeth not grown front and side teeth's are came up . in her play home , dentist visited and informed us to about this?

Can you please give the reason for this and what treatment should given to my daughter
Posted Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Dental Health

Answered by Dr. Shesh Jaiswal 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
X ray can be taken to know

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mrs.XXXXXXX and Welcome to HCM

This is Dr Shesh Jaiswal answering your query.

I presume that by saying inside teeth you are talking about back tooth or molars. The molars (milk tooth) comes around in 13 to 19 months that is first molar and for 2nd molar it is around 23 to 33 months. As your daughter is more than 2 years those back tooth (molars) atleast 1st molar should have erupted by now.

I would advice you to visit a dentist. Doctor should take a xray to find out whether the tooth is erupting properly from inside of gums or not.

Hope this answers helps. If you have any further query feel free to ask.
Dr. Shesh

Follow-up: What causes not grown back tooth in a 2.7 year old? 34 minutes later
Thank you doctor for your replay

Answered by Dr. Shesh Jaiswal 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
please rate the answer

Detailed Answer:
You are most welcome.
Now if you dont have any further query please rate and review the answer and close the discussion.

Dr. Shesh