What causes nose bleeds during pregnancy?
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
Local causes are common especially in association with a runny nose or recurrent sneezing, the dried eroded mucosa can bleed. Since the bleed is not continuous , there doesn't seem to be a hematological cause. Local lubricants plus antibiotics like polyfax can be applied on the affected area after cleaning it with diluted povidone.
If the problem persists, get your doctor to examine the area. If the bleed becomes heavy then Blood pressure needs to be checked and complete blood counts with platelets should also be done, in consult with your doctor.
Wishing you best of health
Let me know if you have any query
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.
For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below
Dr. M.S. Khalil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Fibroids cause bleeding during pregnancy
- Will utrogestan cause bleeding during pregnancy
- What causes light bleeding during trimester of pregnancy
- What causes bleeding in pregnancy
- Causes of bleeding during pregnancy
- Sneezing causing bleeding during pregnancy
- What causes bleeding during pregnancy
- Bleeding during early pregnancy causes
- What causes ear bleeding during pregnancy
- What causes bleeding peptic ulcer during pregnancy