What causes nose bleeding after sneezing?
Every time my sneezing is a little on the continuous side my nose starts bleeding. I always find traces of blood inside the nostrils. It has been happening from the past 4-5 months. Its not that I have not suffered from common cold but this bleeding never used to happen. I have noticed this in the last few months. Is this alarming or is it normal?
Blood inside the nostrils because of disprin.
Thanks for the query.
As per your clinical history it appears as you are having allergy with Migraine.
Traces of blood inside the nostrils is alarming & because of long term use of disprin which also act as blood thinning agent.
If I were your treating doctor, I would advice you avoidance of allergens , Steam Inhalation 3 times , Saline nasal drop or spray 3 times & combination of Antihistaminic levocetirizine + Leukotriene antagonists Montelukast .
For Migraine headache you can use paracetamol 650 mg at first indication of attack.
You can discuss this with your treating doctor .
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
So, if I stop taking Disprin, will d bleeding or blood traces not happen any more?
Also, I don't even know what is it that I am allergic to. :(
Is there anything else that I need to know.
It will take around 10 days to stop blood traces .
Hi XXXXXXX ,
Thanks for the follow up query.
Migraine needs long term treatment . When you are having frequent headache you can take Inderal 10 to prevent it. At first indication of attack of migraine headache you can use paracetamol 650 mg in place of Disprin. I see many patients taking Disprin for heart problem have nose bleeding.
If you stop taking Disprin , blood traces inside nose will decrease in around 10 days.
The things which causes you sneezes frequently you are allergic to them. Common like house dust , house mite , pollens from trees , foods allergy , change in temperature , humidity , etc.
Hope this information helpful to you, take care and have a nice day.
I will get it checked.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes frequent nose bleeds
- What causes excessive nose bleeds
- What causes nose bleeding after head injury
- What causes morning nose bleeds
- What causes unexpected nose bleeds
- What causes nose bleeds in women
- What causes continuous nose bleeds
- What causes daily nose bleeds
- What causes nose bleeding after surgery
- What causes nose bleeds
- What causes white patch of dots on tonsils?
- Suggest treatment for skin sore on outer ear
- What causes loss in hearing with ringing noise in ear?
- What causes pain behind my left ear an in mouth?
- What causes dizziness?
- What causes snoring?
- What cause bleeding from a swollen lymph node?
- Suggest treatment for ringing in ears when suffering from high BP
- Suggest treatment for swelling and redness after bee bite
- What causes nasal congestion, puffy eyes and trouble breathing?