What causes nose bleed with tingling sensation in forehead?
seems to be chronic sinusitis.
I had gone through your question and understand your concerns that you are having nose bleed with tingling sensation in forehead.
Based on your clinical details, it appears to be chronic sinusitis.
Nasal obstruction, heaviness in head with frequent nasal bleeds could be due to chronic sinusitis. Eustachian (tube connecting the middle ear and nose) tube dysfunction secondary to sinusitis can cause dizziness (spaced out feeling), tinnitus or ear blockage.
I suggest you to consult ent surgeon, get detailed ent examination, blood test (absolute eosinophilic count, serum IgE for allergic rhinitis), ct scan of para nasal sinuses - anatomical blockage or pathological extent of sinusitis). Treatment can be started as per the findings.
Mean time, start steam inhalation to clear the secretions from sinus openings, start over the counter nasal decongestant drops (afrin-xylometazoline 3drops/3times).
Hope this answers your question, if you have additional questions or follow up questions then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your questions.
Wishing you good health.
I am so sorry, for delayed answer.
Answers for your queries.
It's possible, sinusitis can be due to atrophic rhinitis, where it forms periodic crusts.
Episodic bleeding could be due to plucking of dried nasal crusts or dry climate or nasal douching (saline wash).
Nasal endoscopy and Ct scan of para nasal sinuses definatly gives the exact cause. Kindly go ahead.
Hope, I have answered your query.
Answers for your queries.
1. Saline wash will only help in draining the secretions, unclogging the dried crusts, but not the active infection or allergic rhinitis.
2. Head heaviness, fullness in nose (nasal obstruction) periodically could be due to sinusitis secondary to allergy.
3. Yes. Possible, heaviness or blockage can be persistent in case of mild to moderate sinusitis, where few sinuses are blocked with out other symptoms.
1. Occurrence of Complications (meningitis, blindness) depends on the immunity (immuno compromised - diabetes, tuberculosis and cancer) and the virulent strain of organisms causing the sinusitis.
2. Kindly go ahead for the investigations, what I have already mentioned, to know the exact cause of sinusitis (allergy or anatomical anomalies).
3. Preventive measures, mainly depends on the root cause of chronic sinusitis. It can be defined, only through investigations (nasal endoscopy, ct scan of para nasal sinuses and blood tests to rule out allergy). Mean time you can start anti allergic medication like tab. lukotas-lc (cetrizine + montelukast) daily one tab at bed time (its a prescribed medication, need prescription and guidance related to the dosage and duration from your treating doctor).
All the best. Take care.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes tingling sensation over spleen area
- What causes numbness and tingling sensation in my hands
- What causes tingling sensation in head
- What causes tingling sensation on face
- What could be the cause for tingling sensation inside ears
- What causes mild tingling sensation in urethra
- What causes pain and tingling sensation in hands
- Tingling sensation in arm finger what could be the cause
- What causes tingling sensation and numbness in hands and arms
- Getting tingling sensation in foot what is causing this