What causes normal BP after defecation?

Question
Attn:Dr Vaishalee Punj
Thank you all your answers.
Please kindly explain the relationship between blood pressure and defecating. I woke around 035hrs and I measured my BP. It was 131/94 and pulse 77. I was feeling uncomfortable in the stomach What time. I went to the toilet and relieved. I took the readings again and dropped to 123/78 and pulse 79. I noticed this before I was even diagnosed of high BP. I was not even monitoring my BP. I used to be greatly relieved after visiting the toilet and breathing in and out.
Posted Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
See below

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

Blood pressure varies with the state of our mind. A person in a relaxed state of mind would for sure have a lower blood pressure reading that when anxious or stressed. Breathing deep, in and out is a great relaxation technique. The same holds true for emptying your bowels, you feel a lot relieved. This is the simple reason why the blood pressure readings would seem a lot better after visiting the toilet or breathing in and out.

I hope this addresses your query fully. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. I wish you well and thank you so much for using our services.